Thursday, September 21, 2017

Burnout, it's a real thing apparently.


Okay so an article popped up on burnout being a real thing. Note to self, take heed! I feel that I'm surviving on coffee and just feeling yuk and jittery. I know giving it up would improve things but boy do I love the smell of coffee. I love everything about coffee except the hungover feeling you get until you drink your first cup. Who am I kidding? My first vat of it really. Then you have the jittery unfocused feeling of a mild heroin addict later in the day followed by the inevitable slump to energy oblivion by 8pm. Would be temporarily improved if I consumed more coffee. Alas, I'm also an early to bed gal and this means that my last cup needs to be before 3pm or I'm staring at the ceiling with cartoon circle eyes.

So you see, I'm conflicted, my social life largely consists of me asking people to "meet me for coffee?" Think I was heavily influenced by American sitcoms where that kind of thing was cool. Who wouldn't want to move to Stars Hollow? Twinkly fairy lights and coffee everywhere. Apologies, distracted there day dreaming of a crisp autumn day, floating around Stars Hollow. I'm sure that I also got the idea of driving an old jeep from Gilmore girls.

In summery, I may or may not give up my rich, sensual and evocative cup of coffee. Now where did I put my fairy lights?

No comments: